What: Orlando MakerFaire
When: Nov 10 and 11
Hey, Orlando Developers! Maker Faire is a gathering of fascinating, curious people who enjoy learning and who love sharing what they can do. From engineers to artists to scientists to crafters, Maker Faire is a venue to for these “makers” to show hobbies, experiments, projects.
Looking for a fun activity for the weekend? Check out Orlando MakerFaire November 10th and 11th. Some like to describe this event as the greatest show and tell on earth. Thanks to the efforts of our local makerspaces, many volunteers and the Maker Effect foundation who make Orlando MakerFaire possible.
Here’s a few reasons that I encourage people to attend MakerFaires.
- As developers, many of us contribute to line of business applications. It’s great to get exposure to software engineering that manipulates the real world. (Let’s move real stuff! Not screens!) It’s also fun to discover how accessible the technology has become.
- The culture of MakerFaire attempts to blend the best of art and technology. From the tech dimension, you’ll see R2D2’s, drone races, 3D printers, and amazing inventions. You’ll also experience impressive pieces of arts. (cosplay, wood craft, sculpture and more)
- On my blog InspiredToEducate.NET, we explore the idea of helping students love learning through making, tinkering, and engineering. Maker education applies project based learning to the internal motivations or passions of the student. Makerfaires have become a playground to inspire project ideas, wonder and curiosity in adults and kids.
- In our economy, It’s great to support and connect with our local makers. It’s also a great way to support and engage with local STEM organizations.
- It’s a great time for the whole family.
Hope to see you there!
Related posts from InspiredToEducate.NET
- Sonic-PI: Sound synth application for learning coding and music